Few things are cooler than food. It’s science, travel, adventure, culture, nourishment, life. Who doesn’t want all that? But with the little ones, it can be frustration, tears, or, quite simply, thrown.
The Tot Gourmand is here to unite everyone in getting the healthiest stuff into our kids (and ourselves) and to help us take a few deep breaths and laugh through the tears, because let’s face it, there’s probably going to be tears at some point. I’ll be sharing new healthy recipes, less junky versions of tried-and-true favorites, stories of fun food adventures, and some pretty sweet tips.
Parents and all other adults (we’re looking at you, Pa), these recipes are for you, too, because you can’t have healthy tots without healthy grown-ups. If you’re one of the picky grown-ups, it’s never too late to love seaweed and sardines.
Why me to write about all this? Well, I’ve been a private chef, cooking instructor, nanny, health coach, and am now a mama to a delightful toddling boy. I’ve seen firsthand just how healthy food can transform everything about your life. I’ve worked with tons of picky or defiant eaters, kids with life-threatening food allergies and intolerances, and edible-loving little foodies. And I’ve loved every minute of it, because these kiddos are the coolest people around. I fancy myself an adventurer, and after living in St. Louis (my hometown), Chicago, London, Los Angeles, and Brooklyn, I’ve settled back in Chicago with Jimmy (the husband), Deacon (the son), James (the dog), London (the cat), and Fiona (the other cat).
Throw in 10+ years of experience as a reporter and writer for newspapers and online publications, and I am ready to document and share all of this with you.
So join me in the joy of this thing called food.
Maggie’s Street Cred
- Chef’s Training Program Graduate, Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts in NYC
- Certified Holistic Health Coach, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Certified Nutritional Therapist, Nutritional Therapy Association
- B.A. in Journalism with honors, Webster University in St. Louis
- Licensed Food Handler, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Kitchen prep, Jean George Vongerichten’s The Mercer Kitchen in Manhattan and Pie Corps in Brooklyn
- Studied and performed at Second City in Chicago and Upright Citizens Brigade in Los Angeles (Proof that I’m really, really, really funny)
All information presented on The Tot Gourmand is intended for educational purposes only. No information on this website is meant to diagnose or treat any specific conditions, but instead to help you make decisions on how to improve your health. No information on this website should be used to replace the medical advice given personally by a health care professional.